Skip to content

Here Is How You Can Choose the Best Furnace for Your Home

A furnace is an essential part of any home’s heating system. However, selecting a new furnace can be overwhelming with so many options available. By considering various factors, you can make an informed decision and choose the best furnace for your home and budget.

Here are eight factors to consider when buying a furnace.

1. Type of Fuel

The most common fuel types for furnaces are natural gas, propane, oil, and electricity. Natural gas is the most popular fuel source in the United States, as it is generally the most cost-effective option. However, it may not be available in all areas.

Propane is another popular option but it can be more expensive than natural gas. Oil furnaces are less common, but they may be a good choice for homes without natural gas or propane access. Electric furnaces are typically the least expensive to install but are often more expensive to operate.

2. Efficiency

Its Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating measures Furnace efficiency. The AFUE rating measures how much fuel a furnace uses is converted into heat. For example, a furnace with an AFUE rating of 90% means that 90% of the fuel is converted into heat, while the other 10% is lost. High-efficiency furnaces typically have an AFUE rating of 90% or higher. While high-efficiency furnaces may have a higher upfront cost, they can save you money on energy bills in the long run.

3. Size

Choosing the right size furnace for your home is crucial. A furnace that is too small will struggle to heat your home, while a furnace that is too large will waste energy. To determine the right size furnace for your home, a professional will need to perform a load calculation based on the size of your home, the number of windows and doors, and other factors.

4. Brand and Reputation

When purchasing a furnace, it’s important to choose a reputable brand. Look for manufacturers that have a good reputation for quality and reliability. Popular furnace brands include Trane, Lennox, Carrier, and Rheem. Read reviews and ask for recommendations from friends and family to ensure you make the best choice.

5. Noise Level

Furnaces can be noisy, so consider the noise level when selecting a new furnace. Look for models that have noise-reducing features, such as insulated cabinets or variable-speed blowers. Variable-speed blowers can adjust the speed at which the fan operates, which can reduce noise levels.

6. Warranty

When purchasing a new furnace, be sure to check the warranty. A good warranty can give you peace of mind and protect you from unexpected repair costs. Look for warranties that cover both parts and labour for several years.

7. Price

Price is always a consideration when purchasing a new furnace. High-efficiency models are more expensive but can save you money on energy bills in the long run. Be sure to balance the upfront cost with long-term savings.

8. Installation

Finally, consider the installation process when purchasing a new furnace. Look for a reputable HVAC contractor who has experience installing furnaces. A professional installation can ensure that your furnace operates efficiently and safely.

Conclusion

Remember to choose a reputable brand, consider efficiency and size, and look for noise-reducing features, a good warranty, and professional installation. With these factors in mind, you can find the perfect furnace for your home.

Are you looking for expert furnace installation in Vaughan? At Furnace King, we’re committed to putting our customers first, providing top-notch service, and guaranteeing all our work and services. Contact us today!