Research has told us that changing furnace filters and keeping any HVAC system in good working order is essential to good home ventilation. However, experts in the field say duct cleaning in another critical aspect that needs to be looked at. That said, here are five reasons why air duct cleaning is essential for good home ventilation.
1. Clear air ducts improve indoor air quality. Mold or excessive debris can affect the quality of the air you breathe in your home and getting the ducts cleaned prevents these irritants from building up.
2. Air duct cleaning improves system performance. Clean ducts means your furnace doesn’t need to work as hard to reach desired temperatures.
3. Air duct cleaning can save you money on your energy bills. With clear passageways, your appliances don’t need to work as hard and that can make a difference to your gas and electricity bills.
4. Clear air ducts don’t attract mold. The dirt and dust that accumulates in these ducts can absorb moisture from the air and attract mold. Keeping them clean is the healthy choice.
5. Air duct cleaning gets rid of pests. Keeping up a good maintenance routine of air duct cleaning means you’ll be getting rid of the nesting materials that pests like insects and small rodents can find and use in dirty ducts.
Being proactive and getting a regular duct cleaning done means you’ll be able to head off problems before they start.